Monday 21 November 2016

Mushrooms

Dear Readers,

I was a tiny girl, when I collected mushrooms with my dad. We walked in the nature together and he knew everything about the tiny creation of nature. At home my mom cooked a mushrooms stew and I loved it with home made pasta and cream:)) Yes, it is very healthy, rich in B vitamins, especially B2 (Riboflavin), B5 (Pantothenic Acid),   B3 (Niacin) and minerals. 100gr is only 22 kcal:) I did not know these fact that time, I just simple loved the taste.



I was addicted to mushrooms not only the simply way of a food, I liked the fairies in a mushroom houses, everything was magical.


At my ceramic shop one of my favorite thing to create ornaments. Finally my mushrooms ornaments are ready. I hesitated a lot, what kind of design I should use, the very popular lace, the traditional caramel white combination or the elegant white with real gold decor. I have to say the RED color was the winner, I created a simple mushroom set with warm orange, Really Read and dark Ruby Red cap and decorated the stalk with tiny flowers.


My favorite is the dark one. I love the shiny  glaze:)


I brought more gift ideas:

A mushroom terrarium necklace

Have a great late autumn day!!!
Ildi

11 comments:

  1. Oh, Love love the mushroom ornaments, but I didn't know the story behing it.So magical indeed! That's what is autumn also for me, walking in the woods, and finding so many living creature hidden everywhere :-) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katelijn! Yes, the meaning is magical for me:))

      Delete
  2. Great to hear that somone is also into picking mushrooms for food. It is very popular "sport" in the Czech republic and I love mushrooms, especially if I found them in the woods.
    The fairy tale red ones are the most beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, we did and what is important, before eating we always showed to the official expert. Poisoned mushroom is very dangerous....

      Delete
  3. I love the look of mushrooms, and I love your picks here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mushrooms too...edible and non edible ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beutiful pictures and your ornaments are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful new mushroom ornaments! I think of our advent candles when I see them, because we surround the candles with moss and small ceramic mushrooms, looks just like yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll post some pics about your advent candles!!!!

      Delete
  7. I love mushrooms too :) I find them very fun to sculpt and they look cool!

    ReplyDelete